- This event has passed.
Virtual Kanban Training
May 15 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Learn how to “Stop Starting and Start Finishing”
Join us for an all day Kanban workshop on May 15th, 2021; featuring Suzanne Ward MBA MEng PMP CSM CSPO PSM CSP, a Scrum Master & Agile Coach/Trainer from Intel.
Our Kanban workshop will help you adopt a value–centric system of planning and executing your work. In the one-day training, we cover the basics of Kanban, one of the agile processes, through a combination of theory and extensive exercises. With in-depth exercises and coaching from an experienced practitioner, participants will learn how to initiate change with Kanban and bring in process improvements by identifying and addressing bottlenecks, prioritize, and initiate collaboration.
Understand how to make prioritization, sequencing, and scheduling decisions based on economic factors instead of hunches.
Learn how to forecast single and multiple work items (releases, sprints) and be able to answer the questions like "When will the work be finished?" accurately instead of guessing due dates.
Acquire skills to avoid emotional objections to changes in general and to Kanban WIP limits introduction in particular.
Enabled by seven Kanban cadences, be able to introduce continuous learning and improvement process by implementing organizational feedback loops.
Familiarize with Kanban Risk Management approaches, service orientation, asymmetrical commitment and rollout phases for a Kanban initiative.
Increase Kanban knowledge to manage, sustain and scale evolutionary improvements in their organization.
Get a thorough understanding of the Kanban method, its core principles and practices.
Learn how to design and introduce a Kanban system into your existing work environment.
Understand how to improve service delivery with Kanban systems and ensure better customer focus.
Learn to maximize benefits of the Pull-based workflow, limit Work In Progress (WIP) through continuous collaboration and active, ongoing learning and improving by defining the best possible team workflow.
Learn concepts through case studies, interactive role play, exercises and discussions.
Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science.
Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors.
Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace.
Network with people from Intel Corporation and other software companies.
WHO SHOULD COME?
Kanban is one of the easiest ways to get your process and delivery under control, anyone with work that needs to get done will benefit. Kanban works across multiple functions of an organization, from senior managers looking to adopt Lean Management to members of delivery teams willing to improve their working practices. Who should come? People whose work is completed through projects and through teams;
* Senior Managers
* Program and Project Managers
* Product Managers, Product Owners and Business Analysts
* Scrum Masters, Team Leads and Change Agents
* Product & Software Developers & Testers
* Software Engineers, Marketing Professionals, Project Managers,
* Agile Coaches & Practitioners (Scrum, XP, DSDM, AgilePM, etc.
* Portfolio Managers, Supply Logistics Professionals.
* Other roles such as HR and Finance professionals
SPEAKER’S CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS
* Product, Brand, and Marketing Management in diverse range of markets and industries, with P&L responsibilities up to $100 million annual sales.
* Quick Learner of new industries/product offerings with results-oriented achievements. Created excitement around a static accessories category in condensed timeframe. Created full line of support, educational, training, and presentation materials. Impact of efforts increased sales from $16.4M to $37.2M in 24 months.
* Program management for multiple high tech/electronic development projects, averaging $3 million annual budget. Serve in project manager and product manager capacities. Two successful worldwide launches in 3 years. $1M annual OEM/B2B sales and $10M annual sales.
* Combine demonstrated product management leadership experience with strong hands-on technical background. Equally comfortable delving into product requirements with hard-core engineers as well as presenting to executive level decision makers.
* Uniquely skilled at fostering new ideas, building successful cross-functional teams, and nurturing a culture of consumer-driven product development and user experience * innovation. Experience working in and managing cross-functional, cross-division, cross-geographic and multi-cultural sales, marketing and engineering organizations.
* International program management, sourcing, engineering, OEM/ODM management/development experience. Overseas work assignments in EU and Asia with extended stay in Asia.
SUZANNE WARD’S CERTIFICATIONS
* PMP, Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute
* PSM, Professional Scrum Master, Scrum.org
* CSM, CSPO, Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Alliance
* CSP, Certified Scrum Professional, Scrum Alliance
Tags: agile, kanban, scrum, project, project management, Project Manager, time management, team, software development, product development, tech
Imported from: http://calagator.org/events/1250477703