- This event has passed.
ONLINE Strategies for Success Module 2 (Vancouver)
May 3, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - May 6, 2021 @ 3:30 pm
Contact Name: Nick Fuller
Contact Email: NFuller@ESD.WA.GOV
Workshop Language Option: English
Additional Information: Please go to www.worksourcewa.com and create your account prior to attending this workshop.
If you need an accommodation to participate in this training, contact Hope Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-735-5020, Washington Relay 711. Please provide your name and accommodation request. Please make your accommodation request as early as possible so arrangements can be made.
Strategies for Success is a series of 20-hour, life-skills workshops, and open to everyone. It is flexible and customizable – each workshop module can stand-alone or combined with other modules to provide a personalized experience.
Each of the six modules are four days long, starting on the first business day of each week.
Some details vary by location, typically:
• Each day consist of three hours of in-class instruction and two hours of extended learning and projects.
• Certificates are distributed after four days of attendance
• If a class registrations are full, acceptance in to a class is based on the following criteria:
1. Program referrals
3. Continuing or returning students
4. Wait list*
5. Walk-ins (not program-connected)
Please go to WorkSourceWA.com and create your account prior to attending the workshop.
*The wait list is automated: if you entered a valid email address, you will receive email updates of any registration or status changes. Remember to check your SPAM folder if you are not receiving emails from us.
Event Registration: Sign Up Required
In-person job search activity: Yes
Module 2: Health and Well-Being – What is ‘work-life’ balance? How do I take care of me while taking care of everyone else? Come learn with us!
• Examine your inner-professional, core values, life choices and personal integrity
• Learn how to be personally and professionally self-aware, establish boundaries, and develop better stress and time management skills
• Evaluate your social readiness and online footprint
• Learn to access community resources and expand networking skills
• Improve your ability to solve problems, set goals, and develop new action planning techniques