- This event has passed.
ONLINE Strategies for Success Module 5 (Vancouver)
February 8 @ 12:00 pm - February 11 @ 3:30 pm
Contact Name: Nick Fuller
Contact Phone: 360-735-4962
Contact Email: email@example.com
Workshop Language Option: English
Additional Information: Please go to www.worksourcewa.com and create your account prior to attending this workshop.
If you need an accommodation to participate in this training, contact Hope Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-735-5020, Washington Relay 711. Please provide your name and accommodation request. Please make your accommodation request as early as possible so arrangements can be made.
Strategies for Success is a series of 20-hour, life-skills workshops, and open to everyone. It is flexible and customizable – each workshop module can stand-alone or combined with other modules to provide a personalized experience.
Each of the six modules are four days long, starting on the first business day of each week.
Some details vary by location, typically:
• Each day consist of three hours of in-class instruction and two hours of extended learning and projects.
• Certificates are distributed after four days of attendance
• If a class registrations are full, acceptance in to a class is based on the following criteria:
1. Program referrals
3. Continuing or returning students
4. Wait list*
5. Walk-ins (not program-connected)
*The wait list is automated: if you entered a valid email address, you will receive email updates of any registration or status changes. Remember to check your SPAM folder if you are not receiving emails from us.
Event Registration: Sign Up Required
In-person job search activity: Yes
Module 5: Community Engagement – Why are we such social creatures? We will show you how communities can lift each other up and how even the tiniest gestures can change the world!
• Discover what it means when people talk about an individual’s culture or self-identity, and what it means to be sensitive to it
• Learn about your personal and social rights, demonstrating citizenship, and civic engagement