- This event has passed.
ONLINE Strategies for Success Module 3 (Vancouver)
March 15, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - March 18, 2021 @ 3:30 pm
Contact Name: Nick Fuller
Contact Phone: 360-844-0435
Contact Email: NFuller@ESD.WA.GOV
Workshop Language Option: English
Additional Information: Please go to www.worksourcewa.com and create your account prior to attending this workshop.
If you need an accommodation to participate in this training, contact Hope Baker at email@example.com or 360-735-5020, Washington Relay 711. Please provide your name and accommodation request. Please make your accommodation request as early as possible so arrangements can be made.
Strategies for Success is a series of 20-hour, life-skills workshops, and open to everyone. It is flexible and customizable – each workshop module can stand-alone or combined with other modules to provide a personalized experience.
Each of the six modules are four days long, starting on the first business day of each week.
Some details vary by location, typically:
• Each day consist of three hours of in-class instruction and two hours of extended learning and projects.
• Certificates are distributed after four days of attendance
• If a class registrations are full, acceptance in to a class is based on the following criteria:
1. Program referrals
3. Continuing or returning students
4. Wait list*
5. Walk-ins (not program-connected)
Please go to WorkSourceWA.com and create your account prior to attending the workshop.
*The wait list is automated: if you entered a valid email address, you will receive email updates of any registration or status changes. Remember to check your SPAM folder if you are not receiving emails from us.
Contact Nick Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions or changes
Event Registration: Sign Up Required
In-person job search activity: Yes
Module 3: Communication – Communication is a skill that never stops growing! Come learn how to improve your skills and odds of landing that next job!
• Learn about interpersonal and business communication and discover your own style
• Develop better listening, writing, computer and presentation skills
• Find out about verbal & non-verbal cues, practice conflict resolution, and get tips on emotional control
• Get tips on how to present yourself the right way on the phone, in email, and on social media.